Thursday, June 30, 2011

I can't hold this one in any longer



I haven't had a new post in a good while, but with every viewing of this Corona commercial I grew closer and closer to doing what I just did now: saw the commercial, yelling "that's it, I'VE ABSOLUTELY HAD IT WITH THIS COMMERCIAL" and furiously logged in to the blog so I could complain about it...somehow this will make me feel better next time I see it. ("haha, Corona! You think you won by making this commercial that annoys me tremendously but I have bested you by complaining about the commercial to the whole world! Ok, so more like 5 or 6 of my friends, but anyway).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but have you ever been served anything in glass bottle on an airplane?! I think the director's cut of this commercial probably ends with this guy and girl breaking their bottles on their arm rests and demanding everyone give them their wallets. (Wait, Quentin Tarantino didn't direct this commercial? Well he should have.)

Yes yes I know, finding Corona in a can is quite rare and seeing someone drink it out of a can is pretty much the least cool thing you can do. Seriously. Michael Phelps drank Corona in a can at a basketball game once on camera and it was controversial because he's too cool to do things like that. Go to google and type in "michael phelps corona" and watch how the auto complete suggests "in a can" to you. You drink Corona in a can and people don't forget.

So I understand that they didn't want to film this commercial using cans and wanted to opt for their trademark bottles instead. I feel like this is another classic case of "well let's just ignore reality because we really like this airplane idea so we're going to do it anyways." Really? This was the only scenario you could think of where you just want to tune out everyone and relax? How about a guy and a girl hanging out at a bar where some guy is singing terrible karaoke? At least that's a scenario that could not be misunderstood as an act of terrorism.

After the first 15 seconds of this commercial I've always already flown into a rage. It couldn't get any worse right? Oh wait, the girl orders a corona too and the flight attendant hands it to her FROM OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE. Is there some hidden flight attendant sitting in the row in front of this girl with a corona and lime ready to sneakily hand to the flight attendant on the beverage cart in anticipation of the lady's order? There must be, because it's the only possible explanation.

Congratulations Corona, you made me so upset that I defeated my lethargy to write this post. And believe me, that takes a lot to do.

1 comment:

  1. 100 percent agree with this! It seems like they were giving away the coronas as the lady didnt pay for hers.

    ReplyDelete